Scott Loveless wrote:

On 8/17/10, Tom C <caka...@gmail.com> wrote:

And as has been stated many times, once the government can restrict
the freedoms or speech of one group, it's a short step to restricting
them for others.  There are exceptions of course.

So next time one walks by a tract passer or receives a knock on their
door, instead of being bothered, one could reflect on the fact that
the feedom to express one's beliefs in public is not a freedom enjoyed
everywhere in the world.

Here in the Good Ol', the courts have pretty much decided that
proselytizers enjoy the right to come and knock on your door without
the fear of being prosecuted for trespass.  Even if you tell them not
to, or put up a sign specifically stating that you don't want them to
bother you.

The J-Dubs knock on my door twice a year.  I always seem to be home.
At first I politely declined their offer to read to me from that book
they're always toting around.  Then I told them that my own beliefs
were solid and I wasn't in need of their services.  After that I
explained that I'm an atheist and most definitely uninterested.  Once
I offered to let them come in and preach to me, but only if they
allowed me the same amount of time to tell them the good news of
atheism.  They declined and went away.  Once or twice I slammed the
door before they could finish saying "hello".  In almost all of these
instances I've asked them to not return.  This last time I didn't even
open the door.  I just yelled "go away!"

In their defense, they are always polite.  They always turn and leave
when I ask them to.  But they just keep coming back.  Like that damn
bunny beating his drum.  Grr!

Nice photo, Frank.  I particularly like how the guy on the right is
trying his best not to make eye contact with them.

Get your wife to shout "Jehovah!" at them through the letterbox.