> > that's right - Pied Bull Yard. Bloomsbury Square is through the yard
> > behind where I was standing; the museum is about 100 yards away.
>
> Great place. Is the camera shop that specialized in antiques and
collectibles
> still there?

There have been several, sometimes at the same time. Jessops had their
collectibles shop there, but it closed down a 2 or 3 years ago, which was a
great shame. It stocked some great stuff, including quite rare film stock.
There was also a Leica-oriented shop which also took in some of the older
and rarer Nikon, Contax, Canon stuff, especially rangefinders. At one time
they had George Rodger's camera bag with several of his cameras and lenses
and associated paraphernalia in a special display - wonderful to see. I
don't know what became of them after the shop closed down, but according to
one of the people who worked there the shop was a rich man's hobby rather
than a strict commercial enterprise, so perhaps he kept them.

Bob