On 2010-09-05 14:47 , Adam Maas wrote:
Actually, the Batteries are a current low point. Good life at the cost
of a shop-run to replace.

for most people it's a real win; i didn't like it either in concept, but in practice the battery performance is so good i'd still be happy with Apple's design decision if the battery failed tomorrow; the 1000-cycle lifetime's unproven, but at 15 months (201 cycles), mine holds a much better charge than any of my previous PowerBook or MacBook Pro batteries did new, and those older batteries declined steadily for me starting before they were a year old

The Mini's power
draw is nothing special, any laptop-based SFF PC will have similar
draw

the mini uses 85 watts max, 10 at idle; can you name a machine that uses less power and performs as well? (no, the mini is not a high performance machine, and that is beside the point)