From: "P N Stenquist"
Subject: Re: I don't like being the squeaky wheel, but...

Doesn't Pentax Forum whine about everything? I believe there is a problem, but it's blown out of proportion. My lack of failures or luck isn't bullshit, it's fact, and you'd be hard-pressed to find a set of SDM lenses that get more use than mine.

They live to whine, but this doesn't mean they have nothing to whine about, and there are some pretty sharp cookies posting over there. The consensus among the techno types over there is that SDM failures are markedly high in lenses that see very little use, and substantially lower in lenses that see quite a bit of use, so I suspect that your shooting pattern is what is keeping your lenses working. Having said that, a lens shouldn't stop working from sitting for a few months in a camera bag.

William Robb