I doubt that Pentax will support screw drive forever. It doesn't make sense economically. That's why I stopped buying FA and F glass several years ago. Now I have only the FA 50 and FA 35, both of which I rarely use. However, I suspect that there will be a couple more generations of DSLR cameras with screw drive. It's not an immediate problem.
Paul