As long as there are Limited lenses, bodies will support screwdrive
focus. Maybe Pentax will go the Nikon route and only offer screwdrive
support in their upper tier bodies.

I don't think this should be a concern for us at the moment; it's a
bit like not buying anything plastic because a plastic-eating bacteria
might appear in the next few years :-)

It makes a lot of sense to move away from screwdrive focus for new
lenses that can fit it. Leica are the only ones who can make money by
looking at the past, the rest of the companies have to look at the
future.

I doubt a Pentax MILC would support screwdrive AF, and I don't care. I
want new primes designed specifically for the MILC and an adapter
offering auto stop down for K mount lenses (like Sony offer).

As for the me-too issue, I told Ned I would love a Pentax NX10--a
Samsung NX10 with a Sony sensor and Pentax imaging pipeline. He just
smiled at me :-)

Oh, and John Carlson said he really enjoyed his GFM experience and
sent a hello to the list.

--M.

--
Sent from my mobile device