I just sold a bunch of my stuff, actually to finance the K7.  I also
bought two cheap oldies, the M200 4 and the K28 3.5 to fill in missing
but little used gaps in my lens range.  (Actually, the 28 was a
complete lark because it was so cheap.  I'll be curious to see how it
compares to my FA20-35, the lens that keeps on giving ;-)

Joseph, my only real objection to what you said is that although
camera bodies can be repaired, after a point the cost of the repair
becomes artificially high if Pentax doesn't want to do it.  OTOH, if
this was the only way to keep using your screwdrive FA's, it might be
worth it to you.  As Mark points out, this is probably a largely moot
point for the foreseeable future.

--
Steve Desjardins