On Nov 6, 2010, at 9:15 AM, Adam Maas wrote:

On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 2:20 PM, Larry Colen <l...@red4est.com> wrote:

On Nov 5, 2010, at 9:43 AM, Miserere wrote:

On 5 November 2010 12:29, Jaume Lahuerta <jlah...@yahoo.com> wrote:

wrong link last one

Woops! Let's try again:

http://tinyurl.com/2vy7qjv

What I find amazing is how the Kx seems to outperform the Kr. And at high ISO even outperforms the K5 in dynamic range.

If you lose a stop of dynamic range and a stop of SNR for every stop of ISO, why not just shoot at the base ISO and underexpose?

One reason I don't put all that much stock in DxO's tests is the
variance in performance of cameras with known-identical imaging
chains.

Although the Kx and Kr results are very close. I figured it was just normal margin of error for their testing, and it would seem to be a reasonable margin of error.
Paul

-Adam