On Nov 6, 2010, at 11:49 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

> On 11/6/2010 3:26 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
>> So how much are image stabilized f/1.4 Nikon lenses going for these days?
>
> There is only one such lens in currently produced Pentax line up, Larry - the
> DA 55/1.4. Not much if you ask me. And everyone who's shooting with FA 50/1.4
> or A 50/1.2 are hmmm well, old ..rts...

I didn't say *new* image stabilized Nikon lenses.

My point being that there are probably a lot of cases where a K-5 with an
adapter and the 50/1.4 supertak you picked up with the $10 spotmatic at the
garage sale last year will outperform a D700 with an image stabilized f/2.8, or
an unstabilized f/1.4.

Although I may have totally missed the memo about Nikon making image stabilized
lenses faster than f/2.8.

Granted, if you've got a good tripod and the night skies of the aussie outback
to photograph, I expect the D700 will still outperform a K-5.  I am rather
curious to see what Nikon comes up with to replace the D700.  Maybe they'll
upgrade it with the sensor from their current top of the line.