Well, I just dialed in K-5 vs K-7 versus Pana GH2. K-7 is rubbish if one is to take the numbers and indexes and ratings at their immediate value.

K-5 appears to have 3.5 EV dynamic range advantage over K-7...

Another interesting thought crossed my mind. Pentax is known for its lens making. On other hand, the sensor of K-5 is not developed by Pentax. I am thinking more in lines of somewhat tweaked sensor that Sony produced as per Pentax specifications. It also seems to me that DxO is comparing the combination of the sensor as a piece of specially processed silicon and all the electronics around it. Pentax appears to gradually build up their expertise in electronics side of the equation and now they have a great sensor (as per DxO sense of the word "sensor"). This is very interesting even though pretty trivial observation - Pentax has dramatically improved its electronics...
Boris