Hi!

On 11/7/2010 10:42 AM, Larry Colen wrote:

On Nov 6, 2010, at 11:49 PM, Boris Liberman wrote:

On 11/6/2010 3:26 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
So how much are image stabilized f/1.4 Nikon lenses going for
these days?

There is only one such lens in currently produced Pentax line up,
Larry - the DA 55/1.4. Not much if you ask me. And everyone who's
shooting with FA 50/1.4 or A 50/1.2 are hmmm well, old ..rts...

I didn't say *new* image stabilized Nikon lenses.

Well, Larry, by asking a question (quoted above) re the prices of such lenses, you made an opening whereupon you could be understood as asking about the new such lenses that are offered for sale nowadays...

My point being that there are probably a lot of cases where a K-5
with an adapter and the 50/1.4 supertak you picked up with the $10
spotmatic at the garage sale last year will outperform a D700 with an
image stabilized f/2.8, or an unstabilized f/1.4.

Outperform in which department? I am asking merely to be sure you and I are talking about the same aspect.

Although I may have totally missed the memo about Nikon making image
stabilized lenses faster than f/2.8.

Granted, if you've got a good tripod and the night skies of the
aussie outback to photograph, I expect the D700 will still outperform
a K-5.  I am rather curious to see what Nikon comes up with to
replace the D700.  Maybe they'll upgrade it with the sensor from
their current top of the line.

I am shooting now both with MZ-6 and MX and I will see how many shots of mine are going to suffer from camera shake... I still maintain that for most part the importance of shake reduction, although non-zero is still way over appreciated.

Boris