No predator asks permission of the prey,

On 11/17/2010 7:38 AM, frank theriault wrote:
On Mon, Nov 15, 2010 at 7:17 PM, paul stenquist<pnstenqu...@comcast.net>  wrote:

I agree. Cheese is several steps removed from the animal. And cows, goats and
water buffalo are more than willing to give up their milk. And what about
cheese made from human breast milk? Can vegans consume that? If not, can a
vegan child breast feed? So many questions, so few answers. But I know that
while I could probably give up meat if someone held a gun to my head, I would
never sacrifice cheese. Pull the trigger, and put me out of my misery.
++++++++++++++++++

I really didn't mean to get into this discussion, but I'll answer a
few of your points:

I can't speak for all vegans, but for me it's an issue of consent and
exploitation.  We don't ask cows, goats, etc. if they're okay with us
taking their milk, and if they're answering, we can't tell.  We just
take it. whether they like it or not.

"Willing to give up their milk"?  What makes you say that?  We keep
them in a permanent state of artificial pregnancy so they never "dry
up".  That can't be much fun.

Human mothers who breast feed consent to the procedure.  If they
don't, they buy formula.

cheers,
frank

--
"His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral
bankruptcy."