On 12/9/2010 12:24 PM, Bob W wrote:
how old is your k-5? Surely it is still within warranty, so if there are
'blobs' that shouldn't be there they should be fixing them under warranty,
not trying to make you pay to have them removed.

Bob, it is K-7 and it is 1 year 3 months old. I cannot possibly prove to Pentax Israel that this is a defect to be fixed under warranty and not a result of some unfortunate action on my part. The warranty is 2 years, so I have 9 more month left, give or take. It will involve major amount of nerve cell burned on my part and very questionable benefit thereafter. At the moment, this camera is well put together and everything works as it should. If, e.g. they put it back together badly, which is probable, I will have major grief on my hands. At the moment I can still shoot and be happy.

You're theoretically right, but I don't think I can put your suggestion to practice. /sad face/

Boris