On Dec 8, 2010, at 02:18 , Boris Liberman wrote:

> Well, so I paid Pentax Israel a visit this morning. After a cup of coffee
> (thank you, dear Pentax, it was just in time) on the house and 40 mins of
> wait my camera is with me again. The sensor is clean.
>
> But... These blobs that can be seen in f/11 and smaller are still there.
> Pentax rep suggested that I can submit my camera for "deep clean" that
> involves taking it apart, etc. It wouldn't be free of charge of course,
> unlike the procedure that was performed today.
>
> Since I am still to loose a shot to these blobs (11,000 clicks on my shutter
> count so far), I could really care less about them. So I thanked them and
> walked away happily.
>
> But for sake of statistics - at least one K-7 has the blobs although I cannot
> say with all certainty whether it came this way or it is a result of some
> (mis)use on my part.

I studied my K-7's sensor  shot at ƒ22 at a white wall 4 feet away, lens at
Infinity. I saw no 'blobs' or 'strings of blobs. I did see a soft dirt spot
just off center that needs cleaning, but it's so soft and un-noticable on my
images at 100%.  What was freaky was enlarging the center of the image as far
as Preview would go, which showed the many different colors the pixels show. At
full screen it looks as smooth as glass however.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

"Gaudeamus igitur, juvenes dum sumus..."
http://tinyurl.com/ndmfhb