I'm glad it went well, Walt!

Yes, the lightbox has come in very handy for me.  If you end up doing
a lot of this sort of thing, you can also purchase one that is made of
fabric & a wire frame, that twists up & folds down like those car sun
shades for easy storage.  (After a year of use, my DIY set-up was
getting pretty ratty, and I was running out of places to stash it, so
I splurged.  But I definitely recommend giving the DIY version a try.)

Another thought -- check your closet for other backgrounds... I have
pressed into service various items of clothing (mine & the kids') to
stage jewelry...velvet-like textures, linen, shiny, sparkly,
cotton-weaves.   I have also found that working with white and black
backgrounds is a great lesson in exposure compensation.  :)  To get
the bright "white seamless" look, you'll dial in at least +1 stops,
and -1 for deep black.

Happy trails...
-c