Barry, few years ago I had Tamron 90/2.5 macro (older one) with PK-A Adaptall adapter. It worked just fine only occasionally having electric contact problems due to minute mechanical shift of a lens w.r.t. adapter. I am thinking that you could find yourself another such adapter (PK-A) on eBay or other venues that offer second hand gear and in principle it might solve your problem.

I did not find this little issue anything more than a minor nuisance at the time. Sold the lens only because I wanted to buy significantly more expensive FA 31/1.8 Limited and had no money available...

Boris