Barry, all Pentax DSLRs allow stop-down metering with K and M lenses. P/K adapter falls in that category. Depending on your camera you may have to consult user manual for specifics. Therefore, in principle P/K adapter is good for you.

Personally, I found metering of /my/ K10D in stop-down mode rather unreliable and opted not to have any pre KA-mount lenses. Thus, I haven't had a chance to try K-7 with this regard.

I don't know of there is adaptall m43 (I take it you refer to micro 4/3 system here) adapter, but there might be and surely it is worth the try. Theoretically, it is known that K-m43 adapter does exist and you may want to mount your adaptall lens with P/KA adapter on K-m43 adapter for use with m43 bodies. Theoretically it could work. But I haven't tried it 'cause I've no m43 cameras. May be Godfrey and others on the list who have these cameras can give more useful insight.

Boris