Your vast Age is irrelevant. ;-)

My point was that I'm very familiar with how medium format film looks
and how I prefer to view photographs, and I have many years of
experience in making photographs with medium format cameras and media.
Looking at stuff on a light table is about the most miserable viewing
experience there is IMO.

Regards presenting photos for display electronically: while computer
screens have a wide variance and you cannot easily control how they
look in the general case, if you're working with a *specific* display
and know its characteristics, you can make your photos look perfect on
that display. Apple iPad displays are all very accurately calibrated
to the same standards so if you optimize a photo for an iPad display,
you can be darn sure it will look the same on any non-defective iPad.

Regards books and prints ... yes, there's tremendous variability. With
all these issues, might as well not bother, eh? ]'-)