From: Ann Sanfedele <ann...@nyc.rr.com>
Sender: pdml-boun...@pdml.net
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 22:44:41 To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List<pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Re: OT Ya know you're "old" when you remember...

John Sessoms wrote:

From: Bob Sullivan

How about dicta-belts.  Belt dictaphones.
I remember them, my Dad had one in his office.

But the real expert on that is going to be Ann-san. I believe she's said before that her father was a fairly high level sales manager for the company that made them.

And along with Dictaphones, there's the secretarial pool.

As a young child I always wondered why were weren't allowed to swim there.

Glad I read this post... :-)

Yup - my father was District Sales Manager for Dictaphone in Chicago in the 1930's and early 40's - He was pushing 50 when I was born.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M/1/588055475_5Lu7f/Medium

Here is the photo that I showed to the list a while back - trying to find out the car Pop was in..

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M/1/588050450_osryN/Medium

Oh what the hell --
have a go at the whole gallery  - kinda fun.

http://annsan.smugmug.com/Friends-and-Family/Blackstone-family-vintage/8871062_7gR8M

ann