On Thu, 14 Feb 2002, William Robb wrote:

> Or, you could move upscale, and go to a larger negative.
> I really think the whole "I'll go digital when it is better than
> projecting through a postage stamp" concept is really silly,
> considering 35mm is such a underwhelming format.
> Its not like as if there is nothing better out there already, if
> you are waiting for digital to be better than what you are using
> now.

I'm not waiting for digital to improve on 35mm. When it happens, it
will probably mean that 35mm will start to go away.

As Shel said, I use 35mm because of size, stealth and convenience.
I've been tempted to borrow a 67 and go streetshooting with it
though...

PS: One of the pictures in my show was taken on a 6x6 negative (and
cropped, the picture was rectangular). Shel was very quick to figure
which one it was, even though the camera was a cheap Russian Lubitel
TLR. So much for my fine Pentax and Leica 35mm lenses...