I've only shot hockey a couple of times, but on those occasions I found the
glass was too scratched for shoot-through shots. (It's actually lexan plastic I
believe.) I generally shot from a spot high in the stands, using a longer zoom,
like th 60-250. Once I was allowed to shoot from the penalty box, which didn't
have glass, but I expect that most arenas won't allow that. Major arenas have
camera perches. The ice arena in Huntington might have them, if that's where
your shooting. I shot there once for the college figure skating nationals, but
I was just there to watch my daughter skate, so I shot from the stands.
Paul