Great to hear Jim.

BTW I get a 'page not found' on that url

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim King" <jamesk8...@mac.com>

Subject: Pentax/CRIS Customer Service

I documented my stupid actions which resulted in damage to my K-5 here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/...forums/read.asp?forum=1036&message=37414995

I sent the camera to Pentax-CRIS for repair and have been following the repair status on their website. Their estimate of $250 to make things right made me cringe!

Today I got a phone call out of the blue from Pentax-CRIS advising that upon inspection of the camera, they found sensor stains, and will send me a new replacement camera at no charge! (I asked them to do that pesky focusing screen replacement for me on the new body, so I will have that cost to bear, but what a great outcome for me!) Interestingly, I had tested my K-5 shortly after the sensor stain issue blew up and did not find any evidence of that problem. Evidently they can do a more thorough inspection job in their shop than we can do in the field.

Don't let anyone convince you that Pentax USA doesn't support their customers. I've made several lens and camera service work requests of them over the last 10 years, and they have (almost) always come through for me. I'm sure that some of you (are you reading this, Joe Tainter?) have not had the same good results as I have, but I can only report based on my own experience.

Jim King
jamesk8...@mac.com