On Feb 2, 2011, at 3:58 PM, steve harley wrote:

> On 2011-02-02 11:32 , Eric Weir wrote:
>
>> If it's correct that I can specify the path to which the save is to be made,
>> will doing that interfere with restoration of files to their original source
>> should that become necessary?
>
> Carbon Copy Cloner doesn't have any specific restoration options; any
> selective restoration would be set up manually (much different from Time
> Machine), but for system disk images, you'd typically just clone the clone
> back to the boot drive (or swap the clone into the machine in place of a boot
> drive)

Thanks, Steve. At this point doing manual restore, should it be necessary,
would be preferred. My collection of images, compared to most everyone here I'm
sure, is pitifully small. Auto synchronize and restore would be overkill.

Really appreciate your help on this. I think I'm well set to get down to work
when the drives arrive.

Sincerely,
Eric Weir
Decatur, GA  USA