From: Walter Gilbert
  Hi all,

In my absence from the list -- which, to the extent it was noticed, must
have been greatly appreciated -- I've managed to procure a few goodies
for a not-bad price, I think, but thought I'd get the opinions of folks
more knowledgeable than myself.  I actually got a whole bunch of stuff
-- filters, hoods, and one useless lens which I haven't the foggiest
notion what it might be other than an 80-200/4.5 macro with a bent
bayonet.  Beyond that, however, I got the following:

Tokina SZ-X 28-200 3.5-5.3
Pentax SMC FA 28-80 3.5-4.7
Sigma 24-70 3.5-5.6 UC

. . . and last but not least:

SMC PENTAX 1:1.4/50

All lenses are in fair to excellent condition, except for the M-50/1.4,
which appears to have never been attached to anything.  The threads
don't even appear to have ever had a filter screwed into them.  There is
something odd about the lens, that I thought I'd ask about, though
nothing performance-wise.  It's just that the printing around the front
element is ever-so-slightly different from what I've seen in images of
the same lens around the web.  The imprint says:

ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN  -- Pentax SMC M-50/1.4 -- 1093350

The other lenses I've seen have "mm" appended after the "50" -- except
for those labeled SMC TAKUMAR, instead of SMC PENTAX.  Is this
indicative of anything significant at all?  I'm in absolute love with
the lens, whatever the case.  It took some effort to convince myself to
take it off the K-x in order to try out the other lenses.  But, I
finally did (and regretted it, as they all pale considerably).

Whatever the case, I think I got a pretty damned good deal on it all,
considering I'm out a grand total of $200.00 US collectively.  I figure
I came out OK by way of enablement for that kind of dough.

Best,

Walt

Just took a look. Both of mine look like:

7190696 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN  -- SMC PENTAX-M 1:1.4 50mm

or you could read them as:

SMC PENTAX-M 1:1.4 50mm  -- 7190696 ASAHI OPT. CO., JAPAN

-----
No virus found in this message.