See here:  http://www.bdimitrov.de/kmp/lenses/primes/normal/M50f1.4.html
You can, just, see that on the example Boz uses, it has the standard way of
showing the standard information on the lens - i.e., it shows a 50MM at the end.

His site may say more about the difference in nomenclature. I might suggest two
different manufacturing sites, two different production runs, etc. but it would
be pure speculation.

As they say on the Antiques Roadshow, don't polish it or refinish it! You may
have something quite valuable to a collector.

stan