I have to say I've been pleasantly surprised with the Tokina and the Vivitar, though. They both are much sharper than I'd expected, which is nice since I essentially considered them to be the bad that you have to take with the good.

Still, I'm getting closer to having a good complement of lenses across the focal range spectrum, usable on both my K1000 and my K-x. I don't have a true wide-angle or fisheye yet, but maybe someday soon.

-- Walt

On 2/3/2011 12:10 AM, Christine Aguila wrote:
Can't say I recognize the last lens.  Cheers, Christine

----- Original Message ----- From: "Walter Gilbert" <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List" <pdml@pdml.net>
Sent: Wednesday, February 02, 2011 8:06 PM
Subject: Re: Re-emerging, announcing enablement

   Thanks, Christine.  :-)

Believe it or not, I've actually been taking pictures like crazy lately, but it's all been political candidates and whatnot -- you know, kindling for flame wars. So, I've been concentrating on that and creating & running an associated blog. And that's why I haven't been participating as much in the list of late. But, now I seem to have things somewhat in-hand. Hence, my ability to seek enablement and post news of my recent acquisitions. Speaking of which . . .

I took some shots of the useless lens, I got along with the others. I was actually able to pull out the bayonet and straighten it so that it actually works now. It could use some cleaning up, and it's by no means a pretty lens. But, it is functional. I thought I'd post the shots here to see if anyone might recognize it. As I mentioned before, it's an 80-200/4.5 - 5.6 with a minimum aperture of 22, made in Japan -- apparently on 6/20/1983 according to the little sticker by the "Lens made in Japan" stamp.

http://i54.tinypic.com/r9elc7.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/2upteys.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/24l0lzs.jpg

http://i51.tinypic.com/f4rce1.jpg

Does this thing look familiar at all to anyone? There's absolutely no writing around the front element -- just some exposed threads around the outer diameter. It's a push-pull type zoom, with the letters "P K" stamped in green on the aperture ring.

-- Walt