Apparently Global Climate Change was was a term coined by the Bush administration. It was picked up by the Warmestd when it became apparent that things weren't actually warming so much. Go figure.

On 2/6/2011 11:14 AM, John Sessoms wrote:
I think it's because the climate scientists don't have enough imagination. How do you name phenomenon so people will understand and still have a name that fits in the average TV sound-bite?

From: "Daniel J. Matyola"
Wonderful! BTW, there is no such thing as "global warming." It is
more correctly referred to a "climate change," and more that warming
the entire planet, it is bringing us more extreme weather of all
types. If we keep calling it "global warming," people suffering from
unusual cold and extreme snows fall to connect what is happening to
them with the world-wide changes affecting us all.

Dan

On Sat, Feb 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM, Collin Brendemuehl