This time, it was indeed intentional.  ;-)

From the north-side angle of the barn shots, the sky was a very flat, bland mass of strato-cumulus cloud cover, so I figured a little bit of vignette would add a touch of drama and bring out the highlights in the barn lumber. I just went ahead and added it to the other shots for thematic continuity.

-- Walt

On 2/8/2011 10:30 AM, Jack Davis wrote:
If it's intentional, no problem, Walter. :)

Jack

--- On Tue, 2/8/11, Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>  wrote:

From: Walter Gilbert<ldott...@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Mini-GESO: Snowy Day Photo Walk - 2/7/11
To: "Pentax-Discuss Mail List"<pdml@pdml.net>
Date: Tuesday, February 8, 2011, 8:26 AM
     Thanks, Jack!

I know a lot of people just don't like vignetting as a
general rule. I'm not crazy about it in most cases, but I do like using
it from time
to time -- but almost exclusively in b/w shots.  I do
try to use it
sparingly -- as soft as possible.  But, I can see
where some find it
distracting.

Glad you enjoyed the images in spite of it. :-) Thanks for having a look.

-- Walt