Message: 6
Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 18:25:06 -0600
From: Walter Gilbert <ldott...@gmail.com>
To: Pentax-Discuss Mail List <pdml@pdml.net>
Subject: Mini-GESO: Snowy Day Photo Walk - 2/7/11

  Hi all,

I thought I'd take the Pentaxes out after a little overnight snowfall
and risk drawing the ire of those who have seen quite enough snow for
the year thank-you-very-much.

I fumbled the focusing on the K 50/1.4 on quite a few of the shots I
took, unfortunately.  It's going to take some practice, obviously.  But,
I do love the lens and am really, really looking forward to getting to
know it better.

I just figured I ought to post something since I've been away from the
group for a while.  Before you click, though, be warned:  *Images
contain vignetting.*

Any thoughts, criticisms, or lavish gifts will be much appreciated.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/walt_gilbert/sets/72157625874952441/

Walt I love the contrast and look of these photos. Especially # 2 &3 (dog & barn) The 1st one with the horse caught my eye but it maybe need a tighter crop or maybe would look great in a 4 ft blow up Tramping around in the snow and cold is tiring & the technical things sometimes suffer but the composition is the main thing

I'd forgotten that I had changed my settings over to JPEG while I was
taking snapshots during the Super Bowl gathering I went to last night.
I have a horrible habit of treating my camera like a point-and-shoot
sometimes, and being somewhat hurried by the chill in the air probably
contributed to my lack of diligence.

Boy I thought I was the only one who suffered from the "lets get to shooting" syndrome. I am the fastest and most careless landscape shooter in the world.

I once saw a Canadian goose on the lake close to shore and I ran down the hill firing the camera as I went. I fell down knocked myself out for a minute saw stars and all that. When I recovered I discovered it was not a goose but a decoy that had gotten loose.

I shot 10 out of focus pictures just this week because I forgot I had moved focus off the shutter and onto the ok button on the back.

What I lack in skill I makeup in speed and enthusiasm.