In my case the bottom end of my achilles wound up just below the back of my knee ! When it snapped I could see it wiggling up the calf muscle !

Kenneth Waller

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joseph McAllister" <pentax...@mac.com>
Subject: Re: OT - Update on the Injury Front

on Feb 15, 2011, at 15:45 , Eric Weir wrote:

On Feb 15, 2011, at 5:14 PM, Ken Waller wrote:

My tendon was surgically reattached, but I was told it would reattach with out surgery ??? - my orthopaedic doctor recommended surgery.

Mine, too. I share your puzzlement about them reattaching without surgery.

Puzzles me as well. When my bicep detached itself from my shoulder the surgeon told me he had to dig pretty deep into the arm with forceps to find the tendon so he could pull it up to it's original point of attachment. Takes a little while to get it stretched too. I understand the Achilles tendon behaves the same way, as do to varying degrees most of the muscles that when relaxed are stretched by opposing muscles ie: biceps / triceps.

Joseph McAllister
pentax...@mac.com

“ It is still true, as was first said many years ago, that people are the only sophisticated computing devices that can be made at low cost by unskilled workers!”
— Martin G. Wolf, PhD