> The M85/2.0 is not bitingly sharp, but it has a pleasant bokeh,
> and a gentleness about it that's often quite desireable, and which
> can make a photograph more than just a picture.

...which certainly makes it other than a "dog" (not that I dislike
dogs, mind you, although I like cats, too, but I don't want to start
another dog-vs-cat flame war here...).

The M 85/2 is a lens that you can throw into the bag (or a pocket)
and keep handy, while the larger (and more "dear" 85's) sometimes
get left behind when you need 'em.

Fred