Can someone please settle this once and for all? I to
have a Super-Takumar that has yellow tinged elements.

I have been told by multiple people that this is just
the old coating. I have also read several sources on
the Internet that state that this is the result of the
radioactively doped glass decaying. With the profound
amount of hear say that occurs on the Internet, it is
hard to know who to listen to.

One hint that makes me believe the "decay" answer is
that while the front element reflects yellow while the
rear element reflects purple. I would not think that
they would use two completely different coatings on
one lens?
http://sports.yahoo.com