> From: pdml-boun...@pdml.net [mailto:pdml-boun...@pdml.net] On Behalf Of
> David Mann

> I was thinking a bit more about it this afternoon.  It's probably the
> second holy-shit scary moment I've had during the past few months.  The
> other was a guy in a 4WD who decided to pass a truck while I was coming
> the other way on my road bike.  If you count September 4th it'd be the
> third big scare in 6 months but to be honest I wasn't truly fearing for
> my life during that.  But life on the edge is taking some getting used
> to ;)
>
> One of the things I will never forget from last Tuesday was the look on
> the faces of the people around me.  They were quietly scared out of
> their minds.  And I may as well have been looking in a mirror.

[...]
> Another issue coming up is that the silt on the roads from the
> liquefaction is drying out and the traffic is whipping up a lot of
> dust.  But I think it's meant to rain in the next couple of days.

thanks for keeping us posted about this. It's hard to imagine from here what
it must be like to live through it all.

You must kept all these posts somewhere, and anything else you write about
your experiences. It's exactly the kind of unselfconscious eye-witness
information from, dare I say it, ordinary people that has great value in
later years, not just to your own family but to others as well. I love
reading eye-witness accounts of great events.