From: David Mann

On Mar 4, 2011, at 9:11 PM, Bob W wrote:

that must be really depressing.

Not at all.  The chimney that fell to bits in September is one we
were planning to take out anyway as part of our kitchen redesign.  So
having that part done for free is a silver lining.  The down side is
that we don't have much chance of getting a builder for a while.

The one that was taken down today is more of a pain because we have a
gas fireplace under it which we can no longer use, and that's our
primary source of winter heating.  We'll have to drag out the
electric heaters.

I wonder if you could install some kind of double-wall metal pipe up through the area where the former brick chimney was located?

Something like what they recommend for wood stoves where there was no existing chimney.

http://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/articles/installing_a_woodstove

-----
No virus found in this message.