On 11-03-29 7:20 AM, Krisjanis Linkevics wrote:
At one point in that portrait shootout I got tired of stealing people's light
with the flash trigger I had smuggled in (and making them wait for the flashes
to recycle) and bumped ISO up from 80 to 3200 to make do with the pilot lights
only. Now ISO3200 in studio is something I never thought I even wanted to do
but the effect is quite pleasing (even if I say so myself).

Direct links to pictures this time (so that thumbnails don't scare you off):

http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=32

http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=34

http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=31

http://foto.ri-ki.lv/details.php?image_id=33

Comments will be much appreciated and put to good use. The comments I already
received are reflected in the updated pictures from the first batch already.

kris

All excellent, Kris; 1st and 3rd especially so.

ISO 3200 ... I sure wouldn't try that with my K20D, but no problem here at all. Quite printable, I'd say.

These usably high ISOs are opening the door to using LED "hot" lights, btw. Forgo the flashes altogether and illuminate with some of those cheap LED panels from Amazon.

-bmw