My first quarter of college I was out for a bike ride, looking for things to
photograph Northeast of Davis.  I saw a plane that was going to fly nearly
overhead, but if I rushed, I might be able to get directly below the flight
path. Riding without hands, at top speed I focused and set the exposure. All
was fine until I reached down with my left hand to hit the brake. The front
brake.  I flew ass over teakettle over the handlebars. The dust hadn't even
settled before I was checking that my camera was alright. Then my bike.  At
that point I realized that I was pretty well scraped up.