On Behalf Of Larry Colen

I'm willing to bet that people like that even buy Leicas. Level of experience
or knowledge
has nothing to do with how much someone spends on something.  Look at how long
sports cars
have been available with automatic transmissions, even before the modern ones
that
arguably can out perform human shifting.

I don't care if the automatic transmission can out perform me in shifting, it doesn't have as much fun, and is not as much fun to drive as my manual.

Plus, I regularly get better MPG performance than I would with an auto. However you slice or dice it, an automatic transmission takes some of the engine's output for its own operation, and that translates into decreased MPG.