On 17/05/2011 6:16 AM, Steven Desjardins wrote:
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/fujifilmx100/

They were clearly exasperated with the combination of wonderful camera
and stupid flaws.  I have to admit I'm not that tempted.  I would do
better to buy some nice glass for the E-P1, or get the E-P2 with the
EVF and then get some nice glass.  I'm just not sure I would want to
drop that much money on a camera with a fixed lens at the
35mm-equivalent FL, which is not my favorite.  The fact that I'm
taking so much trouble to explain why I don't want it is suspicious,
however.  I suspect that if $$$ weren't a factor I would buy one and
use it whenever I could.

I got to handle on a couple of weeks ago at the local pusher's trade show.
It is a thing of beauty, but it is small and fiddly.
The viewfinder is very nice in AF mode, but in manual focus mode (EV) it is the typical pile of dung electronic viewfinder viewfinder that I have come to abhor. One would think that they could at least try to improve on the flickery colour TV effect that is reminiscent of a broken 1960s RCA TV with these things, but apparently they think we will be wowed by garbage technology because the marketing boffins tell us to be wowed. I've gone from wanting one enough to trade my pancreas for one to thinking I'd rather have my pancreas ripped out through my arsehole than be forced to use one of the things.

But it sure is pretty.
Think of it as the camera equivalent of Paris Hilton.

--

William Robb