On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:19 AM, Steven Desjardins <drd1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have noticed on the E-P1 that it is easier to manually focus the old
> Tak 55 than the micro43 Lumix 20.  I wondered why this is true and
> never considered that the 20 is focus by wire. Interesting.

It's also almost three times the focal length, which makes it much
easier to see the focus transition point with it than with a
wide-normal lens due to the depth of field. Also, the Lumix 20/1.7 is
physically too short and difficult for me to get my fingers on the
focusing ring comfortably for easy focusing operation. (The Ricoh GXR
A12 28mm lens has a similar problem due to the physical size of the
lens. With the A12 50mm it is much easier to grasp and operate the
focusing ring... !)

--
Godfrey
  godfreydigiorgi.posterous.com