Cotty burbled:

> The big downer for me seems to be the fact that the manual focus is
> 'fly-
> by-wire'.

they use fly-by-wire on the Olympus E series cameras. It's very good indeed
and I don't have any issues with it. Whether it's the same experience on the
X100 remains to be seen, but it's something I prefer to judge myself rather
than rely on reviews.

> I have an HD camcorder that uses this system and for precise
[...]
> focus range. To me this is complete bollocks and counter-intuitive.
> You,
> dear reader, may like it.

One man's bollocks are another man's sweetbreads.

[...]
> But what on a still camera? I'm afraid I still want the manual focus on
> a camera like this. Maybe if they release an X100 version with
> interchangeable manual focus lenses (M mount? not gonna happen) then
> I'll look again....

you can buy my M8 off me when I get an M9. I give you special price my
friend.