Dave, here are some references:

Fourier Transforms -- ImageMagick examples
http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/fourier/

Fred's ImageMagick Scripts: FFTFilter
http://www.fmwconcepts.com/imagemagick/fftfilter/index.php

Be warned that installing ImageMagick is not for the faint of heart, and this is largely command-line stuff (ie you have to be comfortable with issuing DOS-like commands in Terminal.app).

There are a couple of FFT plugins for Photoshop (and Elements), but unfortunately *only* for Windows. And they are a moving target; the places where they are hosted keep disappearing. See this article:

http://www.curvemeister.com/forum/index.php?topic=62.msg13586#msg13586

... this tutorial:

http://www.skeller.ch/ps/fft_action.php

... and this: