On 2011-06-10 07:06 , Daniel J. Matyola wrote:
In the US it is possible to enter you phone numbers into a "no call"
database.  That eliminates most of the calls, although charities and
political organizations to whom you have contributed and merchants
with whom you have transacted business can still call you.

https://www.donotcall.gov/

i'm on federal and state no-call lists, but i get at least a couple calls a month from marketers who ignore these relatively toothless services (i inform them that i've logged their call and the next call will be reported to the Colorado Attorney General; this has stopped most second calls except for some scummy "cardio checkup" services that avoid telling me the name of the outfit and cuss me out when i insist they identify themselves)