On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 08:17:36PM -0400, Matthew Hunt wrote:

> The main problem with 4G is the monthly data caps. With Verizon, I
> think the choices are 5 GB/month for $50, or 10 GB/month for $80, with
> overage at $10 per GB.
>
> If you are seriously considering the switch, I'd make sure you know
> how much data you transfer in a month, and how it compares to
> Verizon's caps. Comcast may have tools for monitoring your usage,
> since they also have (much higher) data caps in some markets.

Comcast do have monitoring tools, but I've never done more than look
at the summary on the monthly statement.  The cap in our area is 250GB
a month, which is more than enough for my needs.  5GB certainly wouldn't
come anywhere near close - I've used more than that in one evening!

And that's pure computer data transfer. Streaming HD video (such as
you would get from Netflix, Amazon, or even some youtube videos) can
add a considerable amount more if you make use of that kind of thing.