Bob W wrote:

>OK, I'm not forced to read or avoid the ads before I can get on the bus. I
>don't strongly object to sites, or buses, carrying ads, what I object to is
>the in-yer-face intrusive approach that photo.net have taken with theirs
>which spoils the experience of looking at your photos and those of others,
>so I won't go there.
>
>I lose, you lose, photo.net loses, the advertisers lose. How can you think
>that works?

What's simply astonishing is that anyone is even using pop-up ads at
all in 2011. Research by the Norman/Nielsen group has shown that not
only do consumers *hate* pop-ups, they transfer that hatred to the
product. What's more, they also transfer the hatred to the site on
which the ads appear. This has been known since around 2003.

I can only assume they're counting clicks rather than sales.

--
Mark Roberts - Photography & Multimedia
www.robertstech.com