On Sat, Jul 09, 2011 at 06:15:55PM +0200, Ecke PDML wrote:
> larry why dont you just get a bright neon "sock" that you can pull
> over the card door when you take the card out? keep it with your card
> reader and you're all set. or how about making it a habit to always
> take one picture right before you leave?

I'd suggest following the example of the aircraft industry.

Get a cheap/disposable SD card (a 2GB is pretty cheap nowadays), or
you might even be able to find one of those dummy cards that came in
the SD slot of Treo smartphones and some other SD-capable devices.

Attach a short length of strong thread (just enough to get out of
the enclosure, and at the other end attach a length of brightly-
coloured tape.  (Inscribing "Remove Before Flight" on the tape
is an optional step).  You might not be able to close the door all
the way; it depends on just how much flexibility the waterproofing
seals have.

This is a bit more involved than just painting the door, but Larry
has never struck me as being deterred by this kind of activity.