My applause, Stan!

Igor

PS. Larry, I would suggest a yet more "outside of the box" solution.
Implement the following procedure into a habit:
Always carry a big clothesline clip with you.
Before you open the card door, attach that clip to the end of you nose.
Once the door is closed, you may remove it.
This way you'll feel when the door is open, even if it pitch-dark. :-)

Sat Jul 9 15:48:07 EDT 2011