I've expressed my opinion on this subject before, so I won't bore
everyone again. Like nearly any form of artistic expression, I think
anybody is free to do things anyway they like. I'm also free to like
or dislike it. In my opinion, "HDR" has been ruined as label because
of the stuff being done in the name of HDR. Say "HDR" to someone and
they likely envision the over saturated, over sharpened, over
contrasty stuff that in the old film days used to fall into the
category of posterization. To me, HDR is extending the dynamic range
of the image through the use of multiple exposures and then presenting
more detail in the highlights and shadows than you could with a single
image. I think the best (photorealistic) HDR does not scream "HDR" to
you, but simply makes you go "wow".

The bottom line for me is, that I will never label any HDR that I do
as such. I see no upside to the label. It is either a good image, or
it isn't.

Darren Addy
Kearney, Nebraska