On 18/07/2011 12:16 PM, Darren Addy wrote:
Isn't calling tone mapping a "separate process from HDR" sort of like
calling inhaling a separate process from breathing? You are
technically correct, except that without it you don't have the overall
process.
: )

You can tone map a single exposure if you want to. For that matter, tone mapping is done after the exposure bracket has been run through the HDR software as a separate process, so no, I would say the two are not entwined as an overall process. The HDR that I posted didn't even use an HDR program, but notwithstanding, it is still an HDR image. Sorry Ann, that you found it boring. Most of the people I show it to think it quite nice.

--

William Robb