On 11-08-15 1:10 AM, Larry Colen wrote:
For the past two years there's been a weekly dance in SF called The Rent Party.
Lindy hop in one room, Blues in another.  For various reasons, they decided to
close up shop and last night was their final night, with two live bands.

The lindy room had a couple of lights in the middle of the room aimed at the
floor, but the musicians were primarily illuminated by a couple of lights aimed
at the wall behind them. The blues room was light by four clamp lights, with
red bulbs bounced off the walls. Two of which were behind the musicians.

I also didn't want to use flash, because it's rather obnoxious when you're
dancing in a dark room to have a strobe go off in your face. So, all in all,
the lighting was quite challenging.  There were a few shots where I just took
the bad lighting and tried to see what I could do with it, pushing it even
further over the edge in post processing.

Not everything is quite as sharp as I'd like, but I think I got some fun shots
out of it:
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/ellarsee/sets/72157627311775827/

TMP

:)