On 11-08-15 7:27 PM, Larry Colen wrote:
On Aug 15, 2011, at 1:29 PM, Bruce Walker wrote:

I find I'm happier with the trad grid thumbnail layout these days. I can browse the
thumbs and choose a couple to inspect. If I like what I see I will walk through more of
the gallery.  Flickriver (and all the other "infinite-list" brethren) doesn't
give you that option. Either you wait for all the fullsize images to load or you get
nothing.
If the flickr grid were the whole image scaled down to 120 pixels, that would
be my preference, but they do some arbitrary 100 pixel square crop, which is
inevitably bad.  I will point out that if you prefer the flickr interface (and
you may be the only person on the planet that does) and don't want to do
something else while it preloads, you can always easily tweak the url

That's what I later did.

Don't get me wrong though, I *don't* like Flickr's grid either. That arbitrary 100x100px crop thing sux.

I'm still wandering around randomly looking for a better photo-site. 500px has some nice bits, but you can't even create sets unless you go "Awesome" (paid level). Lately I've been putting small galleries up on Dropbox by exporting HTML directly from Lightroom. Dumb as a bag of Canikon glass, but it works.

I do like LRC24079,
:-)  That was a case of blown focus.  EXIF doesn't say whether it was manual or
auto focus, but either my eye, or the camera picked the tuning keys to adjust
on, leaving the bass player out of focus.  Just as I was about to get rid of
that photo, I saw this crop in it, and decided I liked it.

I *never* delete shots unless they are 100% white or black. I mark them as Reject if they are very crappy, but they are always restorable.

I hope you take this as a lesson. :)

-bmw